The clinical team at Alameda Center provides specialized pulmonary care and services to individuals with a variety of acute and chronic lung, cardiac and neurologic disorders. Some of these disorders include emphysema, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, asbestosis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome and others.
Our goal is to help our patients regain their highest functional capacity. Our Pulmonary Program focuses on reducing your shortness of breath and increasing the ability to exercise, ultimately improving the quality of life. Once this goal is achieved, hospitalizations will be reduced or eliminated.
The clinical team, comprised of Pulmonologist, Respiratory Therapist, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Registered Dieticians, and Physical and Occupational Therapists, will meet on a weekly basis to discuss progress and establish goals. Based on "Best Evidence- Based Medical Protocols", pulmonary rehabilitation is achieved by effective therapy, education and proper management of one’s condition.
Our clinical team utilizes:
- State-of-the-Art Exercise Equipment
- Cardiac Rhythm Monitoring during rehabilitation sessions
- CPAP & BiPAP therapies
- Various Oxygen Administration Modalities
- Oximetry Monitoring during rehabilitation sessions
- Tracheostomy Care Management
- Trach Decannulation Program
- TheraVest Percussive Therapy for mucus clearance
- PleuRx Catheter Drainage Program
- Monitoring of Pulmonary Flows & Volumes